Inmode Lumecca Anti-Redness
At Nuffield Wellness, we use Inmode Lumecca to treat rosacea as well as unwanted body hair. With different settings on the same device, it can help reduce the redness from rosacea as well as target removing unwanted hair follicles.
For rosacea, the device can be used at the face, neck, décolletage, legs, hands and arms.
The Science Behind Lumecca Anti-Redness
The intense pulsed light, IPL, causes the melanin in the skin to absorb the light that is then transformed to heat. The heat is conducted to the surrounding follicular cells and damages them. This technology disintegrates the red-brown pigments in the skin. While doing so, it also offers rejuvenation to the skin which helps in hand revunation, removing issues such as spider veins.
With IPL Lumecca, the laser and body response is immediate and improvements in the complexion and clarity of the skin can be seen after just 1 treatment.
Why Inmode Lumecca IPL is so popular
- It has the highest spectrum output in the range of haemoglobin (red pigments) and melanin (brown pigments) absorption (500-600nm) of ANY IPL device.
- Results can be seen in as little as 1-2 treatments and require half as many treatments using Lumecca IPL than typical IPL machines.
- Lumecca has a strong sapphire cooling which allows for a comfortable light treatment without burning the skin during treatment.
- It has a very ergonomic design built with a laser-like handpiece so you can expect easy navigation around the face and body.
- IPL Lumecca reduces the occurrence of perifollicular erythema/oedema. This is a side effect of using IPL lasers where the treatment zones experience hyperpigmentation and vesticulations post-treatment. With our IPL Lumecca, this is a decreased chance of this happening as we use the highest peak power in the market.
Lumecca combines the advantages of IPL with “laser-like” parameters.
- Large spot size
- High efficiency
- Highest verified peak power
- Most of the energy concentrated in the range of KTP-Pulsed dye range
- High pulse repetition rates at all settings
- Uses exclusive low-pressure Xenon lamp
When treating the vessels, it is vital to have a machine that has longer pulses. Shorter pulses increase the risk of purpura. Purpura is blood spots that occur when small blood vessels burst, causing blood to pool under the skin and produce red-purple spots on the skin. With longer pulses, just like in Lumecca IPL, it reduces the risk of these spots.
After the treatment, you can expect your skin to be red and inflamed for the first 24-48 hours.
Just a few days after the treatment, you can expect to notice significant improvements in the skin tone, complexion and clarity.
However, you must take care of the skin during the treatment and healing process. Your skin is sensitive to sunlight during the recovery period. If not taken care well of, it may lead to the darkening of pigmented spots. To prevent this, you need to use sunscreen and reduce sun exposure to your treated skin.
Before & After
Lumecca targets the melanin in the skin and breaks it down to produce a more uniform skin tone and complexion.
Lumecca helps to reduce the appearance of pigmented and vascular lesions, like spider veins, on the face and body.
Before AfterIt can be used to remove pigmentation on the skin that you may get from harmful UV rays.
Our IPL Lumecca treatments start from $200 per session depending on the area of treatment and the number of sessions with us. To book an appointment, click here.
Book An Appointment